Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Last of the travel...

Today begins the last of my travel for work.  Most of the ramblings (or as Tara calls them - rantings) will be on the beach... because by Friday evening that is my objective - the beach...  In the interim I am here for work. 
So this afternoon MGV dropped me off at Hertz to pick up my rental car.  We both chuckled as Andrew wa there already.  He was on the phone, eating his lunch.  She got fed up with Andrew months ago.  I am a die hard as I like the corporate discount and the Continental miles...  Today he told his buddy (I cant imagine it was work related) on the phone to hold on.  Proceeded to act like he was pulling up my reservation to tell me they had no cars.  HUH!?  Oh and we tried to call you but there wasn't a number on file.  BULLSHIT (profanity is for Neil's benefit) They called me the last time I rented to double check everything is OK.  You mean to tell me my info is not on a old file somewhere?  What about teh email confirmation?  That comes via email.. you couldn't try to reach me by email?  They were going to try to get me a car within the next few hours....  So I walked out and walked back to the office.  Oh I should thank Andrew on the triahtlon blog for helping me get a small workout in this evening...
MGV put me in touch with Enterprise and they put me in a sportin' Hyundai Tiburon (doesnt that mean shark? ugh)...  I will be doing some additional research and I beleive I will be using Enterprise from now on.  Not as convenient but I am just fed up...
Did you know for every good experience people tell 2 or 3 people... But in a bad experience they tell 11 to 12.... this is my attempt to apply that theory.
Made it here in good time.  Ironically the hotel has me named as "Guest of the day"  Name on a plaque in the lobby and candy in my room.  And I made it in time for the Carrabas Manager Reception.... 
Work will be nice... hanging with KP even better....

2 comments:

tara. said...

i guess there is a difference between rambling and ranting, and mix of both is the most fun :).

i fully support use of profanity in this situation. i would actually probably go with 'F***ING bullshit' but that's just me :). (i censored myself, aren't you proud? ;))

note to self: hertz = bad

i still want o know what you had to do to get guest of the day (lol) xo

Happy Holidays said...

i figured i was the last straggler to check in for the evening so they made me guest of the day...