Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fruit Fast

Maybe I have blogged about this on the triathlon site.  I guess I should start a food site.  This really doesnt do justice to recapturing each year in a few brief blogs.  This is an extensive summary of my nutritional intake over the course of the winter.  And as always I get obsessed with the concept of a fruit fast.  You heard me correctly.  Eating fruit and only fruit for a certain number of days.  If you break it down, lots qualifies as fruit.  And when you challenge yourself to eat only fruit you find ways to be creative.
This is a concoction that I stumbled across last year.  You see I don't own a juicer but one of the easiest ways to consume fruit is in juice variety.  I also think the pulp helps with fiber intake.  So I have resorted to peeling my fruit and pureeing the heck out of it in the blender.  This beautiful pink ensemble is grapefruits, raspberries, vanilla, cinamon. 
I have alos used oranges, strawberries, cantaloupe.
I stay away from bananas.

2 comments:

tara. said...

how long do you usually do the fruit fast? greg is totally into making juice smoothies with frozen fruit lately. i am going to try to really concentrate on just eating fruit, veggies, and lean meats only. hope it works...

Anonymous said...

i did it for about 5 days between two business trips... i wouldnt sat it cleaned out my system like some profess but i was definitely full and felt good... i found it forces creativity...