Monday, March 1, 2010

Winte tasting

Last weekend Catherine and her friend Shelby and I went to a couple of the NC vineyards to taste some wine.  It started with a nice lunch at Shelton Vineyards.  It was a nice rich lunch of bison meatloaf and mushroom studel.  I surely felt it later.  We did a little wine tasting there.  Nothing too much.
From there we went down to Raffaldini and tasted about 6 of their wines.  I enjoyed their variety of red wine more so than their red.  We ended up purchasing a bottle of wine, sitting outside on the patio, and looking out over the mountains.  I had just said a few days earlier that sitting off and looking out over the mountains had not appeal to me... but it was a nice afternoon.  And wonderful to finally get out in the fresh air.
It was a nice outing for the otherwise snowly February.

No comments: