Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Feeling Sorry for Myself

I have decided the only reason I will feel sorry for myself today is the realisation that I have misplaced my gym lock.  I know I usually leave this type of commentary to the triathlon blog but TODAY is the different day.  I packed up my bag with all the things and gadgets I needed - pants, top, long sleeve shirt, vest, earphones, heart rate montior, pedometer, watch, even a towel.
I made sure my BlackBerry was charged so I could run along with the Stereophonics or David Guetta (I know an odd mix) while I rambled around South Park.  It was going to be 70d today so I figured go to the little gym, change quickly, and hit the pavement. 
I worked late in preparation for a meeting tomorrow.  One I am not going to or really in charge of but we don't need to get into that right now - it will probably come back to haunt me later.  Decided to start to pull all my personal essentials together, only to realise - no lock.  I pilphered through the bag.  Still no lock.  EEEEeeeeerrrrrRRRR!!!
So I came home instead.  I tore through everything.  The gym bag.  Flipped couch cushions.  Rumaged through my closet (OH havent hit up the hall closet yet - there's an idea).  Crawled around on the floor.  Junk drawer.  And other random piles - why I thought it may be in the "taxes" pile I am not sure.  Still no lock.  Readers of the other blog may remember that I misplaced the bike lock a while back as well.
SO - I have decided two new locks with be purchased tomorrow.  Oh and listen to this rebellious adventuresome nature - I think I will actually leave the office at lunch, get a sandwich at Subway in the mall, AND go to Dicks Sporting Goods to get the locks.  Just call me crazy.

And I have decided - having to part with my money because of some forgetfulness on my part - is a perfect reason to feel sorry for myself.  And what better way to pay tribute to my father as we all know it's his voice I will hear when I shell over the $$$.  And if I walk out with new swim goggles - well that's just an equal representation of my mom...

No comments: