Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March Madness # 3

Well I am still in the midst of this one. I am sitting in the lobby area of The Cabot Lodge in Ridgeland MS. The have a popcorn and cocktails complimentary hour. I hardly ever get here in time to take it all in but I lucked out this evening. There a few older couples that seem to be regulars, a few people here on their first - a little overexcited for the complimentary hour when they checked in ahead of me, and a really interesting group of women - they are signing as they speak. I so want to join their conversation.
Anyways, I am at the end of day 3 of 4 on this trip.
It started on Sunday a morning flight from Charlotte to Jackson. My observations from Sunday - they were conducting a Catholic Mass in the airports business center. Who knew that would be the religion of choice for the airport. It was snowing in Jackson when I arrived. Again who knew. And the drive to Memphis was long and uneventful.
Work Monday didn't really have any highlights. Just taking in Americana.
I had dinner at my favorite little restaurant in Greenwood MS. One of these days I will saty longer and go to the Viking Cooking School.
Tuesaday was slower than normal. Something to adress before I head back out in the fall.
The drive to Jackson from Greenwood was beautiful. I stopped at a swanky shopping center on the way. And now I find myself here.
I have one more day and an early evening flight home.
It will be nice to be home. A shame it will only be Thursday.
Next week will be the next trip.
On an aside I am glad I gave up Facebook for Lent and have been ttraveling it keeps me away from the health care reform banter.

4 comments:

tara. said...

lol...probably a good thing to miss...people get crazy! i feel passionate about it myself, but i at least try to not get personal. might not always succeed, but i have good intentions.

what exactly do you do when you go on these trips? work-wise i mean?

Happy Holidays said...

benefits consulting....
specifically retirement plans...

tara. said...

interesting. are you have any facebook withdrawal symptoms!? :). amazing how quickly one can become addicted.

Happy Holidays said...

it can be... it's nice when you meet people who are interested in saving for their future... it is sad when you witness other situations...
i miss the FB a bit but once I decided I wasn't going to waste hours and hours out there I have been doing OK.. havent stayed away completely but enough to not feel the tug quite so often..
replaced it with googling all things stereophonics (seriously)