Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ham Soup

Remember at Easter I made a ham.  Well instead of torturing myself through the leftovers - not a big ham fan - I boiled down the bones, made some broth and froze it.  I also froze the leftover ham.  And then I bought some multi coloured beans and anticipated making some soup in the future.
Now why not split pea you ask???  >>>ACK<<<  I have never been a fan of split pea soup.  I like peas but there is just something about it. 
So I soaked these multi beans and proceeded with some sort of soup.
AGAIN - not too sure what I did with it.  I did add onions and carrots and yellow peppers (and maybe some organic fire roasted tomatoes) but not much else in the line of veggies.  The leftover ham had a sweet quality to it which I though enhanced the flavor of the soup.  I gave some away to friends.  I think it was well received.

1 comment:

tara. said...

looks good. i don't like split pea soup either. i actually don't really like peas. but the soup always smells good and i get annoyed when i find out it's split pea :).