Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fish Cakes


I know I said I would try to remember what I do to the food before I cook it or while I cook it so I can duplicate.  Easier said than done...
This was frozen cod, thawed and then partially cooked in the microwave.
I mixed it with chopped onions and peppers and egg.
Let's see some whole wheat flour and perhaps corn meal (I just bought both of those so I think they are getting frequent use in  the ktichen). 
I wish I could recall what else I put in there to hold it all together.
Google some recipes I know that's where I get most of my direction.

They seemed kind of runny once I got the patties together.  So I coated them with bread crumbs and then baked them.  Yes, baked them.  I dont like frying.  No, not for the health aspect but more from the burn aspect.  To get a good sear on a fried food such as a fish cake you really need to have hot oil and I just dont want to be splattered with hot oil.  So baking it is instead.


No comments: