Tuesday, May 1, 2007

May 2007

CINCO DE MAYO!!!
Suzanne, Rob and I all made separate jaunts back out to Edisto for LA's wedding. What a beautiful occassion that was. There is a little white church on the way out to the island surrounded by live oak with spanish moss... It was beautiful. And the reception to follow - let's just say that LA's parents know how to throw party. Fresh shrimp and crab claws, grilled quail breast, shrimp and grits, pheasant sausage, strawberries, chocolate... I can't remember I ate so much. And the house - overlooking a creek that leads out to the river that leads out to the ocean - was larger than the church.
And then I was off to Mississippi... It's a work thing. This time around we took in the sights of Greenwood. And let me tell you my friend, Jay, pointed us in the direction of a restaurant there that was AMAZING!!! http://www.giardinas.com/ I would really like to go back there. However driving the entire state is exhausting.

1 comment:

Happy Holidays said...

Adventure continues: Another first, Denise had to go to Mississippi so I went to NC to be with Bacchus. The adventure came about in Va while driving at 65mph in the left hand lane some AH ran into the back of my vehicle while I was doing 65mph. My car & I were okay but major accident on Rt 95 South for over an hour, ugly ugly ugly. After I golfed and played around at Denise's I had a side trip to Va and Chincoteague Isl. to observe how to trawl in the Bay and in the Ocean, not to forget seeing the wild ponies that are protected by the "Firemen" of Chincoteague. We did trawling in the bay out in the ocean, we do plug samples of mud from the bay, dragged nets and took catch to labs and observed them under
microscopes to see what was in the local waters, ( you don't want to know). Came home early via Cape May Lewes Del Ferry, Great ride !!