Monday, June 18, 2007

June 2007

It was a tumultuous month.

I went home early in the month for a work meeting in NYC. It was good that I went when I did as my Grandmother was sick and I got to see her that visit. From NJ my mom and I went to NYC - it was raining so we didn't do much siteseeing. We did stay in a fancy hotel however...
http://westinny.com/ Oh - and we went to the wax museum.

Later in the month, my Grandmother passed away and I found myself getting on a plane yet again. There's not much to say on the subject. It was nice to see family and reminisce. My mom and I spent an evening on the couch going through my dad's box of slides looking for old photos. What a fun trip down memory lane.

I did forget about Daniel's party. It was so nice to see everyone - Cathy, Chuck, the kids, Dick, Margaret, Noel... We had good food, good wine, good laughs. Almost like old times - except missing a key player.

1 comment:

Happy Holidays said...

Family style month: Denise came home to NJ on business but got to incoporate a Graduation party for Daniel Nickerson from High School, great surpise for everyone that Denise was here, she & I went into NY while she went on business I took a hike up to and saw the Chrysler building and most of all I went to Grand Central Station and saw the inside of that WOW !! Mrs Kennedy did god on that. No need to dwell on the sadness of the month with the loss of my Mom. She was 91 and was a fine hard working lady and I'm really proud she was my Mom. She is missed.