Sunday, May 31, 2009

Landsford Canal State Park

The second weekend of my mom's visit got off to a good start with dinner with Maya and Brendan. The girls were there too but they had their cousins over and were enjoying their own company - pizza, movies, slumber party...
They gave a us a great idea for our Saturday... Go check out the Rocky Shoal Spider Lilies. Huh? Yeah, that was my initial reaction as well. I had heard of them once before but it didn't stick. This time I got more details and found out where we needed to go.

The park wasn't too hard to find even though we were meandering our way there via Edgewater (a new community my mom saw advertised on the tv earlier in the week). And I must say I was surprised that it was as crowded as it was. That Sunday was a lily festival... I can only imagine what those crowds were like.
So we walked a little over a mile round trip to go check out these lilies. My little digital camera does not do them as much justice as they deserve. You can google them and find better on Flickr but they were still neat to see in person.
The trails and view of the river were nice as well. And contrary to Maya's warning - we only saw one little snake while we were out there.


No comments: