Sunday, October 26, 2008

Scarowinds

We went to the Halloween version of Carowinds last week. Yes - I know - what was I thinking of all people... I was going for that - when was the last time you did something for the first time - again. I ended up not doing anything too adventuresome. I stood in line with friends for a good 20 minutes or so for a haunted carnival clown maze. While we were waiting in line an Armand-esque (Antonio Banderas in Interview with a Vampire for all you non Anne Rice fans) vampire walked by. Now I am all about Lestat, Louis et al. But on paper (OK Brad Pitt in person wouldn't be bad or that once rumoured Sting as Louis story line -I digress). I did OK when he walked by but about 5 minutes later I came to my senses. I had to get out of the line. I just couldn't do it. So I rode 2 rollercoasters, saw some scary creechers, dealt with ridiculous crowds and that was that.
I will probably avoid said event next year.

No comments: