Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20, 2009

SNOW DAY!
It snowed on this day in Charlotte. And as I sat on the airplane for 90 minutes waiting for it be de-iced I gave some thought to the year. Inevitably I would miss the big news of this day. I would be in flight as the new president was sworn into office. And I would be visiting clients - so the new goal of celebrating each month would start off a little differently than planned but 12 months is a lot of time to fill. So I took pleasure in the plane ride. I do love flying so it was a nice way to spend a few hours. I love the thrill of the airport and the people watching. And the driving for 2 hours over a normal 45 minute drive because of the snow was OK too.
I suppose the celebration for January could be that I had a nice dinner and nice conversation with clients that evening.
But I may hold off on that being the celebration. Maybe instead I will do something this weekend that will qualify. However as it looks right now - that is going to be the gym, laundry, house cleaning, and work. So I am not 100% sure on that.

No comments: